2017-2018 Multidisciplinary Level 3
August 29, 2016
9:00 AM - to conclusion
Teleconference (How to participate)
Chair: Glenn Lochrie
Program Manager: Hillary Crawford
Palm Beach County
- Former President/CEO for Old School Square in Delray Beach
- Started his South Florida career as a performer, scenic artist and the Public Relations Director for the State Theater of Florida, The Caldwell Theatre Company. He also performed at the Royal Palm Dinner Theatre in Boca Raton.
- During his 23 year tenure as President/CEO for Old School Square in Delray Beach, he successfully interfaced with government and community agencies to create one of the most celebrated arts centers in South Florida.
- Joe’s many years of community service include directing Delray’s winning 1993 and 2001 All America City Presentations and receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award for Leadership and Artistic Excellence from the National Society of Arts and Letters, South Florida Chapter.
- M.A. in Theatre, Portland State University; B.A. in Drama and Speech, Averett College
- Founder and Director of Momentum Dance Company and Coordinator for the Dance Program at Miami Dade College, Wolfson Campus, Miami, Florida
- Previously danced with the Cincinnati Ballet, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, Atlanta Ballet and she has choreographed two off-Broadway shows, several works for the Greater Miami Opera (Now Florida Grand Opera) and the Miami Chamber Symphony and work for the Florida Shakespeare Festival
- Serves on the Board of Directors for Arts Action Alliance (a South Florida based arts advocacy group), and formerly served on the statewide Boards of Arts for a Complete Education and the Florida Dance Association
- B.A., Teaching of Ballet, Virginia Intermont College; M.F.A, Dance, New York University
- Executive Director of Theatreworks, Inc. serving over 40,000 children teachers and parents each year
- Ten years Director of Operations for Theatreworks, Inc.
- Manager of Neptune theatre in Neptune Beach Florida and The Capital Theatre in Columbia S.C.
- Founder/Owner Beaches Books on Tape
- B.A. of English Literature, The University of the South, Sewanee, TN
Palm Beach County
- Director of Development, Boca Raton Museum of Art, Boca Raton
- Previously, Director of Development, Museum of Art, Fort Lauderdale, Nova Southeastern University; Director of Development, Neuberger Museum of Art, Purchase College, State University of New York; Adjunct Instructor, Barry University; Assistant Dean of Dance, New World School of the Arts; Director of Fundraising and Marketing, Miami Light Project; Board of Directors, Florida Dance Association
- M.A., Dance, Ohio State University; B.A., Pennsylvania State University
- Barbara McMinis has been Executive Director of the Martin Theatre for 26 years.
- In that time she has presented over 250 proffessional touring shows and concerts and, as the founding director of the Martin Ensemble, produced over 175 plays and musicals.
- In the past 5 years the theatre has started re-introducing cinema, and now boasts a Monster Movie series as well as a classic movie series.
- As Executive Director of VSA Florida, Jennifer Sabo provides leadership and management to a statewide arts organization, supervising all functions related to administration, fundraising, and programming.
- Ms. Sabo also coordinates the dynamic relationship between VSA Florida’s private 501c3 Board of Directors and the University of South Florida.
- Prior to arriving at VSA Florida, Ms. Sabo served as Executive Director at the Children’s Museum of Alamance County, was the founding Director of Education at the Golisano Children’s Museum of Naples, and coordinated art programs at the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art and Kidspace Children’s Museum.
- Ms. Sabo has also served as a national Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) grant reviewer.
- Ms. Sabo has a Master of Arts in Museum Studies with a concentration in Education from the University of Florida and a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Kareem Tabsch is the co-founder and co-director of O Cinema, Miami's largest art house cinema as well as being an Award winning documentary filmmaker and an Arts Advocate who strongly believes in the power of the arts, particularly film, to enrich lives and revitalize communities.
- In 2013 Kareem was featured in the Miami New Times ‘People Issue’ for his contribution to the cities film culture, he was named a '20 under 40' by the Miami Herald's Business Monday in 2014 and in 2015 was the recipient of the Knight Arts Champion award presented by the Knight Foundation in recognition of O Cinema's contribution to the cultural vibrancy of Greater Miami.
- Tabsch currently serves on the Advisory Committee of the Miami Foundation’s Our Miami initiative and on the National Arts Advisory Committee of the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.