2017-2018 Dance Level 3 & Projects
August 31, 2016
9:00 AM - to conclusion
Teleconference (How to participate)
Chair: Joy Satterlee
Program Manager: Ginny Grimsley
Bio not yet available.
- Founder and Director of Jayadevi Arts, Inc., Plantation, Florida
- Choreography and instructor in Indo-Caribbean dance styles
- Secretary of Broward County Diversity Advisory Council (DAC)
- Radio host of WAVS 1170am and WHSR 980am
- Received inclusive & Diversity Award 2016
- Received Caribbean American Heritage Month leadership award 2016
- Founder and Director of Momentum Dance Company and Coordinator for the Dance Program at Miami Dade College, Wolfson Campus, Miami, Florida
- Previously danced with the Cincinnati Ballet, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, Atlanta Ballet and she has choreographed two off-Broadway shows, several works for the Greater Miami Opera (Now Florida Grand Opera) and the Miami Chamber Symphony and work for the Florida Shakespeare Festival
- Serves on the Board of Directors for Arts Action Alliance (a South Florida based arts advocacy group), and formerly served on the statewide Boards of Arts for a Complete Education and the Florida Dance Association
- B.A., Teaching of Ballet, Virginia Intermont College; M.F.A, Dance, New York University
Palm Beach County
- Founding Chair and Professor of Dance, Palm Beach Atlantic University, Palm Beach, Florida
- Previously, Executive Director, Klein Dance Inc. and Klein Dance Company; Dance Teacher, Palm Beach Community College; taught dance technique and dance appreciation courses at Florida Atlantic University
- Current board member, Florida Dance Education Organization and the CedC Leadership Team at the Palm Beach Cultural Council
- Ph.D. in Global Leadership, Lynn University; MFA, Theatre, Florida Atlantic University
- Managing Producer, MDC Live Arts, Miami, Florida
- 25+ years of non-profit arts management and producing.
- 25+ years Federal, Local and State grant panel service across disciplines in Florida, Georgia and California.
- BA in Drama, Bennington College; MFA in Interdisciplinary Arts, Goddard College
- Executive Director and Artistic Director, Karen Peterson and Dancers and the Excello Dance Space, Miami, Florida
- Partnered with Arts for Learning and The Children's Trust and is a longtime teaching artist, performer and trainer for Very Special Arts Florida
- Founding member of “danceable,” an annual conference of “mixed-ability” research and an improvisational women’s troupe “dancersImprovgroup”
- Recipient of Choreographic Fellowship Awards from the Division of Cultural Affairs in 1995 and 2005; Miami Dade Department of Cultural Affairs Dance Fellowship Awards in 2006 and 2010; New Forms Florida Grants; Artist Access Development Grant; City of Miami Award; danceAble Award from the Florida Dance Association; Tigertail
- Miami-based choreographer/director of the Pioneer Winter company, Miami, Florida
- Director/producer for L.E.A.P. (Leaders of Equality through Arts and Performance
- Founding co-director of RIFT Blackbox and the Miami Dance Studio, and founding curator of transmedia performances for FilmGate Interactive.
- Member, vision committee for the building of the Pembroke Pines Performing Arts and Civic Center. Recently appointed director of Tigertail Production’s ScreenDance Miami festival for 2017.
- Master of Fine Arts in Choreography from Jacksonville University/White Oak, as the first artist to be named a Dennis R. Washington Achievement Scholar. He was a Dance Miami Choreographic Program recipient (2014-2015) and Miami Goes Elsewhere Fellowship recipient (2016), and is a fellow and faculty member in the FIU Honors College Department and adjunct faculty at Miami Dade College.