2017-2018 Dance Levels 1 & 2
September 14, 2016
9:00 AM - to conclusion
Teleconference (How to participate)
Chair: Holly Raschein
Program Manager: Ginny Grimsley
Bio not yet available.
Bio not yet available.
- Founder and Director of Jayadevi Arts, Inc., Plantation, Florida
- Choreography and instructor in Indo-Caribbean dance styles
- Secretary of Broward County Diversity Advisory Council (DAC)
- Radio host of WAVS 1170am and WHSR 980am
- Received inclusive & Diversity Award 2016
- Received Caribbean American Heritage Month leadership award 2016
- President, Florida Dance Educators Organization and Educator, Miami–Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS), Miami, Florida
- Former adjunct professor at Miami-Dade College and Barry University; commercial dancer working out of Los Angeles, taught and performed throughout United States and internationally, featured in national and international publications
- Served as Dance Liaison Board Member, Florida Alliance for Arts Education; past President Dade Association of Dance Educators (DADE); Task Form Member, Polk County Public Schools Lead Reviewer and Writer: Race to the Top Performing and Fine Arts Assessment Project 2011 – 2014; Member of the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (NGSSS) Dance Writing Team 2009-2010
- Research Doctorate, Educational Leadership and Administration, General; Minor Degree in Curriculum Development, Nova Southeastern University; M.A., Educational Leadership from Barry University; B.F.A, Dance, California Institute of the Arts
- Managing Director, Orlando Ballet, Orlando, Florida
- Served as a volunteer and an intern for a variety of arts organizations including the Liz Lerman Dance Exchange, the DC Dance Improvisation Festival, and Americans for the Arts.
- B.A. in dance studies and a minor in mass communications, University of South Florida
- Manages the arts presenting and events sector of the Broward Cultural Division, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Developed, managed and executed all arts programs and events for the Broward County Centennial Celebration, Broward 100, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- 20 years in arts administration with organizations including Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts and Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York City and San Francisco Jazz Festival, Alonzo King’s Lines Ballet, Women’s Philharmonic Orchestra and Brava Theater Center in San Francisco.
- Assistant to the creative directors for the Tony award-winning musical FELA!, and music artists Michelle Williams and Ke$ha
- Dancer/Choreographer, BFA in Modern Dance from the University of Utah
- Grants Manager, Miami City Ballet, Miami, Florida
- Grants Manager, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Twenty years volunteering in nonprofit organizations, including nine years as a grant panelist and eight years as a Board member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, University of Minnesota; awarded the Certificate in Fundraising Management from the Indiana School of Philanthropy; received the Certified Fundraising Executive Credential from the Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Assistant Professor, Dance History, Florida State University and curates Field Studies, an annual dance showcase that allow performers the space to develop projects with live audiences for peer review, Tallahassee, Florida
- Previously taught at CUNY Queens College, UC Riverside and Saint Elizabeth High School in Oakland, California
- M.F.A, Experimental Choreography, University of California, Riverside; Ph.D., Critical Dance Studies, University of California, Riverside