2017-2018 Music Level 3 & Projects
September 1, 2016
9:00 AM - to conclusion
Teleconference (How to participate)
Chair: Terry Olson
Program Manager: Ginny Grimsley
Bio not yet available.
- Executive Director, Coconut Grove Playhouse, Miami, Florida
- 16 years as the executive director of the Music Conservatory of Westchester in White Plains, NY.
- Founding director of the Center Music School, Jewish Community Center in Stamford, CT
- Graduate of the Manhattan School of Music with a master of music degree in flute performance and musicology.
Palm Beach County
- Music Education and Community Outreach Coordinator, Lynn University Music Conservatory, Boca Raton, Florida
- Formerly principal cellist with the Florida Philharmonic, Florida Grand Opera, Boca Pops, and the Miami City Ballet Orchestras for over twenty years, Mr. Capote has taught cello and chamber music at Miami-Dade Community College and at the New World School of the Arts.
- Band and Orchestra Director at American Heritage School of Boca/Delray from 1997-2009 and served as Conductor and Music Director with the Youth Orchestra of Palm Beach County from 1997-2011. Manuel is a Fellowship alumnus of the Aspen Music Festival.
- B.M. in Performance from the University of Miami as well as a M.M. in Music Education from Boston University.
- Independent grant writer: Central Florida Veterans Memorial Park Foundation, Orlando Ballet, Orlando Philharmonic, and Primrose Center, Orlando, Florida
- Named one of the top three up-and-coming fundraisers in the country by FundRaising Success Magazine. She received the Walt Chamberlain Scholar Award from the Central Florida Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, and has been featured in the “Someone You Should Know” column of Central Florida Lifestyle. She is published in FundRaising Success and Advancing Philanthropy.
- Bachelor of Music from the University of Alabama and a Master of Business Administration from the Crummer Graduate School of Business at Rollins College in Winter Park.
- Executive Director of Florida Singing Sons, Oakland Park, Florida
- Founder, RiverSounds, a concert series of top choral and instrumental musicians including Florida Singing Sons Boychoir.
- Adjunct Professor at Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida: classical music appreciation, history of jazz, and history of rock and roll.
- Graduated University of Oklahoma in architecture and music, studying with renowned organ professor, Mildred Andrews Boggess. Graduate work includes choral music (OU), liturgical studies (St. John’s University), MA in organ performance (FAU), MBA (Nova Southeastern University) and PhD in Comparative Studies (FAU). His dissertation topic was, Authenticity of Space: and Interdisciplinary Convergence of the Tradition of Sacred Music and Twenty-First Century Sacred Architecture.
- Executive Director of The Perlman Music Program/Suncoast, Sarasota, Florida
- Education Director of Sarasota Orchestra (formerly Florida West Coast Symphony) 1999-2004
- Graduated from The Juilliard School (ACT ’96); The Hartt School at University of Hartford (MM’ 95; BM ’93, summa cum laude)
- Private studio, teaching violin and viola (’84 to present)
- Artistic/Executive Director, Miami Youth for Chamber Music, Miami, Florida
- Founding member, Deering Estate Chamber Ensemble
- Strings Instructor, Coral Reef Montessori Academy
- Concert Diploma, McGill University